Monday, September 22, 2008

I got a new guitar toy!












ok, I splurged and bought a new guitar toy - a looper. It loops (duh). But it does so much more. It's got pre-loaded drum tracks to play with. It's got endless songs just waiting for the guitar parts to be played (I've got to make up and play the guitar parts). And it's a blast.

Last night I got a chance to really dig in and I jammed along with 2 songs - a mellow kind of song and then a metal kind of song. It's the first 2 in the list in the player below. Check it out. I improvised the guitar parts only - the rest (drums, keyboard, bass, etc) were already included in the loops. I'm hoping that this will help me improve my playing and give me the ability to improvise some more when playing. We'll have to see if it helps. Comments are welcome.


4 comments:

Kathy said...

You are awesome! By the way, you didn't actually splurge, you spent money you earned on something you wanted and $300 isn't splurging.....

Alison said...

That's pretty cool! I prefer the metal one...I'm sure your neighbors love that! Jam on!

Owen said...

That is so sweet! And dang, you're good! If I wasn't married, I'd ask you to play at my wedding. So with that said, will you play at my funeral?

MacKenzie said...

Owen,

you don't have to die to get me to play. Just have a baseball game in your backyard and invite the HSV Stars to play, duh.

Andy