Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Danger - High Winds

Last Friday morning, we were having a normal morning. The girls were getting ready for school. Some kind of food was being prepared for the girls breakfast. We usually open the blinds in the morning also to get some natural light in. So we did all that stuff. And then I noticed something weird. It took me a few seconds to process what I saw - or actually what I didn't see. It was our trampoline. Actually, a lack-of trampoline. It was gone. Now, the night before there were big storms along with tornado warnings and watches and rain. There was alot of wind at our house - at one point Kathy and I could see the rain blowing almost horizontally. And then after about 15 minutes it pretty much calmed down and we didn't think much of it. So, back to Friday morning....the trampoline was gone. I went out on our back porch and still I couldn't see it. There wasn't even a TRACE of it. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Until I actually walked out into our backyard and what I saw was amazing. I saw our trampoline. But it was in our neighbor's backyard - his name is Dave. Upside down. Sitting next to their trampoline that hadn't moved at all.


Now, there is a fence separating my yard from Dave's. So the trampoline was lifted up and over the fence and dropped upside-down in his yard. Amazing.


So here's the pics (taken from Dave's backyard).






1 comment:

Alison said...

You should ask Mary A. about their trampoline. It went over about 6 houses and landed in the community tennis court which had a 20 foot fence around it! There's wasn't salvageable...hope yours is!