Monday, August 25, 2008

National Anthem

Well, this past Saturday I played the National Anthem on my guitar at the Hunstville Stars baseball game. I was a complete and utter nervous wreck ALL day, until I actually performed. I was driving Kathy crazy. It is going to rain? Should I take a backup guitar? Will there be a big echo which makes me mess up my playing? What if...? What if...? What if...? And then there was the practicing. I probably played the anthem 20 times while lounging around the house. I'm sure my family is glad that it's over.

Anway, here's the video. It went really well. I wasn't nervous. And I thought it sounded pretty good (I seem to remember making a small mistake at some point, but can't hear it in the video).



And a slightly longer version with pre-performance commentary by Kathy.


Later,
Andy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

so welcome to the blogosphere. I can't wait to hear what all you will have to share. Congrats on the gig at the game. Wish I could have been there. I watched it on Josh's blog and teared up. I'm proud of you!

SB said...

WOW! Bergmans say that was awesome! Way to go, Andy!

Alison said...

Yea for you!! So sorry we missed it - it sounded great!!!

Try not to outdo yourself in 2008 with posts :)

Owen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Owen said...

There you go again ... putting your God given talent to work for the benefit of others. You rock! :)

Kathy said...

You are amazing. I love being your wife! I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

Andy, what's your other blog? And you'll have to tell me what comment you deleted. Now I'm curious. :)