so, over the weekend we were shopping a Sam's club. Getting the normal stuff that we get - cases of water, impulse purchases, etc. Kathy had a few items to get for church-related activities. We paid for our stuff and were leaving. And BAM! They got us. They got us with their product placement. It was a assemble-it-yourself kids playhouse. And the girls (the 2 little ones and the older one also) had been wanting one FOREVER. So I did it. I bought it on the spot - it was only $300 - not too much for the hours and hours of family fun it would bring.
After dropping the family off at the house and returning to Sam's club to pick it up (our SUV is kind of small and requires us to do this every now and then), it was in my possession. I decided the first thing that needed to be done was to build a floor for it, since it didn't have one, and because I don't want there to be a grassy floor for the playhouse. So I took a trip to Home Depot to pick up some 2x4's and some 4x8 sheets to build a floor with. 1 hour later I was home. And I think it only took about 1 hour to build a floor for the playhouse.
Things were going smoothly until I had a new idea - I COULD BUILD THE WHOLE PLAYHOUSE MYSELF. I don't need their little kit of pre-selected wood. I also found all kinds of reasons why mine would be better - the kit seems pretty small. After all, one of our neighbors has this same one (I think) and it's probably too small. Also, on the box it says it's for ages 2-10. Well, Sarah is 8 and Ashley is 6. They will have already outgrown it before I put it up. So I will be building it. Wish me luck.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment