
Feb 17, 2008 Update:
I changed my mind on the color and wanted more of a silver color, so I picked up that color and started painting it today. Here's how it looks so far:
Feb 11, 2008 Update: I finally got around to buying some paint. I went with Dupli-Color Storm Gray. Tonight I'm planning to start painting it. I will attach a picture showing the progress later tonight.
Feb 7, 2008 - I got around to putting on some primer and it looks really good. See for yourself.
Feb, 2008
My lovely wife bought me a Saga ST-10 guitar kit for our wedding aniversary. (She's awesome about indulging my guitar hobby - she bought me a POD X3 Live also recently, and a Epiphone Les Paul Bass too!!!). With this kit, I think I'll be able to combine 2 of my favorite things - building stuff, and playing guitar.
The ST-10 kit is basically a Fender Strat knock-off. It's got the strat shaped body and I'll be making the headstock into the normal Fender Strat shape.
Here's what the kit looks like after I assembled it to make sure the main parts fit together properly. They did!
Next I figured out the exact shape I was going to cut the headstock and penciled it on.
Then I installed the tuners to make sure there weren't any problems with that. There were!!! The tuners were all just SLIGHTLY too close to each other. Mostly this wasn't a problem except for the B string tuner - there just wasn't enough room for it. I decided to use my Dremel tool to file away at part of the tuner covers in hopes of creating some wiggle room for it to fit.
Also, at about the same time, I went out and got some 600 grit sandpaper and white spray primer to get going on the body. So far I have rough sanded the body (in hopes that this will help the color coat "stick" better). I'm hoping to prime it tonight.


No comments:
Post a Comment