Ok, I've been away from here for a few days, but I've been actively working on a few things.
The main thing being accommodating for user logons with authentication against a mySql database. And securing the password.
So, I've got a little form on an html page that submits to a php page that handles the logon attempt. If it's successful, it should set a cookie and route you to another page. If it's unsuccessful, it should tell you that and let you try again.
So far, it can tell whether you are allowed or not. I'll be working on the "2nd chance" part and redirection soon. Also, possibly a method to count your logon attempts and maybe limit it to 3 or 4 per hour. That would be cool. And then after that, a method to allow you to change your password. This stuff is fun.
But there's a danger that I learned about, and it's name is "SQL injection". I'll talk more about that later.
bye,
Andy
Monday, March 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment